According to the Stonington Historical Society “Taugwonk: Stone mortar for pounding corn. Tagwouncke (Thomas Minor, 1662).” The name might be for a tool but the neighborhood is for those with a zest for life!
Stonington Vineyard, known for its Chardonnays. is at one end of Taugwonk Road before it crosses over RT 184 and becomes Jeremy Hill Road
Heading south down the road you will come to the US Coast Guard Foundation and Stonington Country Club. The club encompasses 155 acres of rolling hills and meadows.
Many capes and colonials sit on land at least 2 acres in size but more often than not on lots 4 – 10 acres. As you continue south the road goes under I-95 and becomes the continuation of Pequot Trail.
Stonington Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Stonington
- 11 Thompson Street Stonington, CT 06379
- 12 River Road, Unit 414 Stonington, CT 06379
- 58 Fair Acres Circle Stonington, CT 06378
- 55 Langworthy Avenue Stonington, CT 06378
- 185 Pequot Trail Stonington, CT 06379
Sold Listings in Stonington
- 592 New London Turnpike Stonington, CT 06378
- 13 Avery St (mystic) Stonington, CT 06379
- 138 Pequot Trail Stonington, CT 06379
- 28 Benjamin Stanton Pentway Stonington, CT 06378
- 112 Pawcatuck Avenue Stonington, CT 06379